Monday 8 April 2013

Not a controversial topic at all...



First real blog. 

On the advice of others (notably the late Bill Hicks), I’ve decided to take on a non-controversial topic. 

I am pro-choice.

Curiously, I am way more pro-life than most pro-lifers and Catholic priests.

I shouldn't really have an opinion, basically, because I don't have a vagina. 

But, as I am a contrary fuck, I have an opinion anyway.

My thing is that if a woman is pregnant, I don't care what she does with her fetus. Keep it until term or whatever, it's her choice. If a female friend or relation of mine is in such a situation that this is the only way out that they can see, I’m sure that she has been through enough inner turmoil already. 

Pro-lifers believe that she must keep it. Pro-lifers believe you must keep the baby even if it is a result of an assault. Baby is paramount, they say.

Most pro-lifers in Ireland are Catholics. 

The Catholic Church and the Pope believe that babies can only be made one way. God's way.

IVF is not God's way. If biology has dealt you a bad hand, "Tough", says the Church. IVF is bad.

As is surrogacy. And egg donations. And sperm donations (The Pope also believes that he speaks for a deity. That's schizophrenic behavior and should be medicated).

All these other ways of creating life, pro-lifers should be against, especially if they want to profess the religious card so handily played by a bloke in a dress and Gucci loafers in Rome. 

I'm pro these choices. So I'm pro-life-lite.

Papal-approved pro-lifers are anti-choice, even about how junior gets made in the first instance.

Hence, I am more pro-life than pro-lifers.

But, curiously, I hate children.

No comments:

Post a Comment